Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Charlie's Mickey Mouse Birthday Party

Oh my lanta... I am SO far behind on blogging. One post at a time and maybe, just maybe, I'll get caught up through all the holidays! :)

First up, Charlie's second birthday party! We had a party at our house the day after he turned two. Here's the invite I sent out, minus a couple blurred-out pieces of personal information. ;)
In order to prep for making invitations, I took his 2-year-old pictures a couple weeks in advance. Here are just a couple more of my favorites, but I discovered it's really hard to make an almost 2-year-old smile or look at you on demand... especially when they are busy playing on a playground! ;)


So anyway, the party was obviously Mickey Mouse themed and I think everyone had a blast! My Mom came to town again this year and she helped me successfully create my vision with these adorable Mickey Mouse Oreo pops and delicious cupcakes (with fondant details!!!).
Mickey Mouse was such a fun theme to do because you can create the silhouette of his head and ears so easily! I bought paper lanterns and taped/glued black card stock circles to them to make them into Mickey's head! Same with the cute party hats! Also, I'm really glad that this theme's colors kind of kept with last year's theme, and I was able to re-use the circle garland strands I made! Woo hoo!
Polka dots are always fun to bring in, too, when you have a Mickey Mouse theme!
More cute details with the party hats, noise makers, and the setup of my kitchen:
Soon, all of Charlie's guests began to arrive. We had mostly family with a few close friends and a couple of neighbors. I've never been more grateful to have a nice, spacious house! Especially compared to our tiny apartment last year :)
I think we were able to keep all the kids sufficiently entertained with stickers, Mickey Mouse picture coloring, yummy food, and noisemakers. :) Soon it was time for Charlie to blow out the candles on his cupcake. I love the succession of pictures here. He was so pleased and excited that everyone was singing, but when the "hot" candles got too close, he got apprehensive and tried to push the cupcake away. So, I had to hold his hands down so he wouldn't knock it over and I helped him blow the candles out, even though we had practiced before! Silly boy... at least he's cautious around hot things! :)

And, of course, his favorite part was getting to enjoy the tasty cake! Look at him with that cute Mickey party hat! I die! I know every mom thinks their kid is the cutest ever, but I'm pretty sure he actually IS. ;)
Later, after cake, we all went into the living room for gift time, where I didn't take any pictures. He wasn't really interested in opening the gifts, but did get excited once they were opened and he got to see what was inside! He got lots of great things including more crayons and coloring books, a couple shirts and a monster knit hat, his first set of Lego Duplos, a soft monster bowling set, a wooden train, and a couple other toys. He was one happy two-year-old!
Later that night, after dinner, we let him have an Oreo pop since he didn't get a chance to eat one at his party. He was pretty thrilled with his Mickey cookie. :)

Thanks to everyone who came to support us! It was so nice to have you all there!

4 comments:

  1. It's definitely not just you. He is soooo cute. And every time I see him I think he looks so much like your family. Also, sort of weird, when I was looking at these pictures he looked like a baby Paul Walker? A sign of good looks to come too? ;)

    Cute party! What a cute theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome little guy! And your decorations are so cute. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party Alex! My personal favorite are the mickey mouse oreo pops! :-) So, glad your mom has made it to both birthday parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Alex, thanks for sharing your party photographs. Just want to let you know I have featured your post at my blog here, http://alittletypical.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/college-12-i-love-mickey/.

    ReplyDelete